Greece is blessed by the gods of food and wine, thus all of life revolves around culinary fulfillment. In Athens you'll drink the same wine as Pericles and snack on the same sweets as Byzantine emperors. On the islands you'll feast on the same seafood as Zorba. And everywhere you go you'll find a glass of ouzo and a smile of welcome. After 2500 years in the kitchen, the Greeks have got it right.
- the essential guide to the culture of eating and drinking in Greece
celebrating Easter with red eggs and spit-roast lamb
- discover the top 16 Greek cheeses
- revealing portraits of Greek taverna owners, food and wine entrepreneurs and cooks passionate about preserving the tenets of this ancient cuisine
- comprehensive Greek culinary dictionary, glossary and useful phrases for every food and drink occasion
- tantalising photography, recipes and easy-to-use maps