The simplicity and clarity of a style guide to the spoken and written word. The ideal introduction to the top-of-the-range Robert dictionaries".
- 40,000 words and 100,000 definitions;
- for each word, its spelling and likely pitfalls, its grammatical function and potential difficulties, and example sentences showing correct usage;
- etymology, where appropriate, enabling the user to recognize word families in French;
- idiomatic expressions;
- synonyms, opposites and related words;
- pronunciation difficulties;
- literary, poetic and historical quotations.